A recent meal prep recipe I enjoyed!
Second time I have made this.
First time I made it, I was using up some chicken breast that my husband bought and wasn’t eating. I didn’t want to see it go to waist, so I threw some things together with it.
In an effort to sneak more veggies into my day, I added half a bag of kale. Can’t say I am a fan of kale raw, but I don’t mind it cooked.
I like the micronutrients mushrooms have to offer and dumped some of those in too.
Lastly, I like the bone broth for some added flavor and protein.
Plopped it all in a crock pot overnight and it was ready in the morning.
Barely any work on my behalf and voila, 4 meals!
A recipe that was at first an experiment…and I ended up liking it!
Just under 1 1/2 lbs of chicken Made 4 servings 40g of protein per serving
Lessons to be learned
- you learn through experimentation. You don’t know until you try!
- with protein, it’s not always about many sources, but sometimes about a larger serving of one source, in this case, chicken.
- prepped meals make healthier decisions day to day easier. I didn’t have to think about what was for lunch/supper for 4 days.
- just because you don’t like a vegetable in one form doesn’t mean it can’t be enjoyed when it’s cooked differently.
- you don’t need recipes with tons of ingredients for them to be tasty. This was 4 ingredients
- meal prep doesn’t have to be time consuming. This took me less than 5 minutes to slap together and the crock pot did the rest of the work (while I was sleeping!).
Take this recipe idea and tweak it to your liking!
Need help with your nutrition?
We are available for nutrition consultations!
Call or email today to schedule your consultation – 570-704-6794 or email@example.com