Dr. Candice Dutko
The founder of Achieve Wellness and Fitness, a medical professional with a passion for health and wellness beyond the office.
- B.S. Psychology from College Misericordia (2007)
- Certificate in Addictions Counseling from College Misericordia (2007)
- M.S. Organizational Management from Misericordia University (2011)
- A.A.S. Nursing from Luzerne County Community College (2012)
- M.S. Nursing from Sacred Heart University (2015)
- Doctorate in Nursing Practice from Carlow University (2020)
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified
- Girls Gone Strong Certified Women’s Coaching Specialist Level 1
- OPEX CCP Coach
- Ironman finisher
- Olympic weightlifter
- Strong(wo)man competitor
- Ultramarathon finisher
Why I decided to become a coach
I am fortunate to have had my life improved through fitness and taking charge of my health, and I would like the opportunity to inspire and support others to do the same.
I believe I am a great example of how it is never too late to start your journey. Although I played volleyball in high school, I wasn’t outstanding and don’t really come from what I would consider an athletic family. Fitness has really helped me get more out of life. I don’t really think that before I incorporated fitness into my life and focused on caring better for myself, that I realized what I was missing out on. With my fitness adventures, I have been up and down nearly the entire East Coast with my travels. My daughter is fortunate enough to come along for many of those and I am proud of the example that I am setting for her that anything is possible if you set your mind to it and put in the work.
I would love for people to experience the same great fulfilling life that I have…and it doesn’t need to involve competitions/races…but even just the general feeling of well-being day-to-day and feeling confident that they can go about their day without aches and pains and just feel good knowing that their body is capable of nearly anything.
As a Registered Nurse, I have seen too many people lead a poor existence due to poor health choices and I know it isn’t a life I want to lead. Having worked in hospitals for 9+ years, I would love to help people stay out of the hospital.
As a Coach, my goal is to create a fun, comfortable environment for people to explore their fitness and gain more confidence in themselves that extends beyond the gym. Some of my favorite people to work with are those that are new to fitness. I love seeing them have those moments where they do something they never experienced before or just walk away proud that they lifted some weights. I love helping people feel more empowered and stronger (mentally and physically) than before they met me.
Client Success Manager
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Marketing from King’s College
- Associates Degree in Business Administration from LCCC
Coach Kathie Bilbow
A dedicated coach who brings her years of certified experience to the team.
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer
- USA Weightlifting Coach
- FMS L1
- NESTA Certified Functional Movement Specialist
Coach Jess Danko
When not working out, or helping others work out, you can find her at the barn working with and tending to her horses.
She is also a Mom of 2 and prioritizes being out and about supporting her kids at their activities
- First Aid CPR/AED
- Personal Trainer (National Academy of Sports Medicine-NASM Certification)
- Fitness Nutrition Specialist (NASM Certification)
- Aquatic Exercise (AEA Arthritis Foundation)
- TRX Suspension Training
- Group Fitness Instructor:
- Turbo Kickboxing
- Fit & Strong! (a program specifically designed for older adults with osteoarthritis)